The all-new Kia Optima Sportswagon, will be Kia’s first ever D-segment tourer, and is expected to be released around October 2016.
Inspired by the 2015 Sportspace concept, the Optima Sportswagon offers you the striking exterior design and high quality interior of the 2016 Optima saloon, but with the added practicality and appeal of a tourer bodystyle.
- Thoroughly practical vehicle with sharp lines and smooth bodywork that define the latest Kia models.
- Front remains very similar to the Saloon variant with strong, rising shoulder and swept-back cabin
- At the rear- Tapering roofline and raked rear window give the Sportswagon an athletic stance in a typically conservative segment. It is finished with wide LED tail lights and integrated air diffuser.
- Will be available in a choice of 9 colours, with alloy wheels ranging from 16″ to 18″ in diameter.
High Quality Interior
- Premium-quality, driver-focused interior finished with soft-touch materials, cloth and leather trim in natural tones, and tasteful metallic accents.
- Choice of single or two-tone colour interior schemes: single (black) or two-tone (dark grey with light grey) in cloth or leather trim
- Latest Audio-Visual Navigation (AVN) system, with 7″ or 8″ touchscreen infotainment with Satellite Navigation and DAB digital radio
- One of the first Kia vehicles to feature Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, both systems allow the driver to control their mobile device while keeping their hands on the steering wheel.
- Kia Connected Services, provided by TomTom, including features such as Live Traffic Updates, Speed Camera Alerts, Local Search and Weather Forecasts
- Six- Speaker Sound System as standard or upgrade to the 590- watt Harman Kardon Premium Sound System with eight speakers, external amplifier and subwoofer.
- Wireless Charging for mobile devices and front & rear USB ports.
Versatile and Practical
- The Sportswagon variant will be the most practical Optima ever, with generous cargo capacity and useful storage features
- 553 litres of cargo space behind the second row of seats- 48 litres more than the saloon
- Ergonomic features include safety barrier net, sliding luggage rails, smart power tailgate, smart key entry and the highly-versatile 40:20:40 spilt-folding rear seats.
Active Safety Technology
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- High Beam Assist
- Speed LImit Information Function
- Blind Spot Detection
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
It will be available in a range of Euro 6-compliant petrol and diesel engines:
- 1.7-litre CRDi Diesel: Six-speed manual or seven-speed double-clutch transmission
- 2.0-litre CVVL Petrol: Six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- 2.0-litre Turbocharged Petrol Direct Injection Engine (GT Models): Six- speed automatic
Watch to find out more about the new Optima Sportswagon here: