Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise Company representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Nissan, Skoda & Kia in West London & Hertfordshire areas. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and ‘being the best’. We recognise that all our employees are individuals and embrace the ideas and variety that this brings. Our policy is to employ a diverse and flexible workforce that reflect our customers and potential customers requirements and we aim to train every employee to achieve and deliver customer excellence in everything they do.
15 Tonne Transporter Delivery Driver
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Location: Arlesey, Beds
Hours: Both full time and fully flexible hours available, Monday to Friday (up to 48 hours per week). To include occasional overnight stays.
We are currently looking for an experienced HGV transporter driver to work with our busy corporate department. The main purpose of this role will be to deliver and collect new and used vehicles. To complete a comprehensive professional handover of the vehicle, ensuring that we match the Delivery experience with the Customer’s expectations.
- Check truck and trailer completing daily check sheet, ensuring the load is secured correctly
- Use of driver card and digital recording equipment (i.e. Tachograph)
- Check that paperwork matches the vehicle
- Ensure the vehicle is taxed and correctly number plated
- Check fluid levels to include water, oil, screenwash and fuel and vehicle condition inside and out for cleanliness and damage
- Drive within legal constraints at all times and to show consideration to others
- Show competency, knowledge and efficiency when handing over vehicles and ensure paperwork or PDA is correctly completed and signed
- Must have experience of driving a 15 tonne vehicle
- Full UK driving licence, Class C or C+ Driver
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to deliver exceptional levels of Customer services.
- Good understanding of local road networks and route planning
- Maintain smart appearance, uniform provided
We offer additional benefits such as flexible holiday, a child care voucher scheme, contributory pension scheme and our Norton Way rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK. Employees are also given preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts. We take great pride in our workforce holding a quarterly employee award to further recognise and reward our top achievers.